RGN South Croydon - upto £18.00 an hour
We are looking for a Registered General Nurse to join the team in our beautiful new care home one of the leading care providers in the country with beautifully designed homes run professionally, responsibly and with integrity and care. Every one of our homes offers residential, nursing and dementia care provided by a large team of well-trained and qualified people profoundly concerned with every singe resident's welfare and happiness.
Summary of Job Purpose:
To provide and supervise the delivery of high standards of nursing care to Service User’s in accordance with current evidence-based professional practice and within company policies, Care Quality Commission standards and regulations, and current legislation.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Care Standards and Quality Assurance
- Protect all Service User’s from abuse and report any concerns as per Company Policies and Procedures
- Visit each Service User at least daily, to assess their needs. Supervise all care activities and continually seek to improve care delivered to Service User’s
- Report any observed change in the condition of a Service User, any critical incident or accident (Staff or Service User) or any other relevant event in the Home to the Deputy Home Manager without delay, providing an accurate Care Plan to rectify the situation
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care in conjunction with the Service User and their family to meet their holistic needs
- Promote positive risk taking by Service User’s as an essential part of everyday life, assisting them to maximise their abilities and promote their independence
- Ensure management of medication complies with Company, Care quality Commission standards and NMC guidance and that medical stock and nursing supplies are replenished in a timely manner and maintained as economically as possible
- Value the life experience and knowledge of Service User’s, showing them courtesy and respect, observing their privacy and protecting their dignity at all times
- Respect each Service User as an individual, treating them equally and valuing their cultural and social diversity
- Work in partnership with Service User’s ensuring that their views, choices and interests are at the centre of all care and services provided by the Home
- Understand the importance of Service User’s maintaining links with the community, valuing and supporting the role that relatives and friends play in their care
- Ensure the supervision and reception of, new Service User’s, ensuring that all appropriate documentation is completed on time and that the Service User is orientated to their surroundings and neighbours and welcomed appropriately.
- Maintain good working relationships with GP’s Care Quality Commission, Social Services Departments and any other external regulatory bodies. Manage in conjunction with the Home Manager all internal and external inspections/audits
- Communicate effectively with Service User’s, their relatives, friends, other staff and external visitors to the Home and deal sensitively with their concerns
- Handle and resolve with the assistance of the Deputy Manager, complaints, critical incidents, accidents or outbreaks of infection, recording and reporting as necessary to the Home Manager in accordance with Company policy and Care Quality Commission
- Show courtesy and respect to Service User’s at all times to ensure that they enjoy the highest quality of life, respect the confidentiality of Service User’s and their families, friends at all times and involve families and friends in the Service User’s care as appropriate
- Greet all visitors, and answer the telephone, in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner and promote Heatherwood Health Care Homes and your own Home in particular, positively at all times in the local community
- Ensure professional knowledge and job skills are up to date to ensure that our Service User’s receive the best possible standards of care and service
- Ensure by monitoring and other means, adherence throughout the Home at all times, to all operational, administrative, procedural, nursing, care and professional standards in conjunction with the Home Manager.
Please apply ASAP or contact Your Training Web.