ONE OF OUR CLIENT BASED IN NEW MALDEN IS LOOKING FOR REGISTERED GENERAL NURSE.
THIS POST IS FOR A FULL-TIME STAFF NURSE (RGN) .
THE HOME HAS 30 RESIDENTS WHO REQUIRE HIGH QUALITY NURSING CARE. THE HOME IS RATED OUTSTANDING BY THE CQC SO YOU WILL NEED TO ADD VALUE TO THE NURSING CARE PROVIDED ALREADY. YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN A NURSING HOME FOR AT LEAST 1 YEAR AND BE REGISTERED WITH THE NMC.
YOUR SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE WILL BE TESTED AT INTERVIEW.
THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF 36 HOURS PLUS BANK WORK.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
• To work as part of a team to provide and maintain professional standards in accordance with the principles of care as set out by the guidelines of the NMC
• To accept personal accountability for their own practice as a Registered Nurse and to work at all times within the NMC Code of Conduct.
• To take responsibility for the day to day implementation of residents’ care needs, as identified in their individual assessment and care planning.
RESPONSIBILITES & DUTIES
1. To provide a high standard of nursing care and to meet the needs of residents based on an assessment of their care needs in consultation with residents, other professionals and family.
2. To contribute to the personal needs of the individual ensuring that residents retain their dignity, choice and individuality and that they enjoy a good quality of life by providing a friendly caring environment
3. To assist with re-assessment of the residents’ needs, and re-evaluation of care – adapting and prioritising the planned care appropriately.
4. Delegation and supervision of duties assigned to care staff.
5. Communication with outside Agencies and Medical Practitioners.
6. Ordering of drugs and medical supplies and the safe disposal of unwanted
drugs, in accordance with accepted procedures.
7. Storage and administration of drugs including controlled drugs and completing the MAR charts without error.
8. Routine observations and record keeping.
9. To be competent in the specific nursing skills required of your position and training e.g. PEG feeds, stoma care, wound care and phlebotomy
10. To be aware of and adhere to the policies and procedures as laid down by the White House Nursing Home.
11. The postholder must ensure that they are aware of their responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
12. All staff are required to respect the confidentiality of all matters that they might learn in the course of their employment. All staff are expected to respect the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998.
13. To undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested, in order to maintain the smooth running of the Home.
The duties in this job description are not exhaustive and may be altered at any time to reflect the changing needs of service provider.
Hours of Work : 37.5 Hours Per Week
Job Type : Permanent Full Time
Location : New Malden
Salary : £16 to £20.00 /Hr
Contact: Staff Assist
Please Apply ASAP