Staff Assist is Looking for a highly motivated, compassionate & enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills as activity coordinator for one of our client based in New Malden
Job Title: Activity Cordinator
Job type: Permanent
Pay:£7.85 /hr - £8.50/hr
Number of hours: 30 hrs/week
- To provide ongoing and planned organisation of the residents recreational day.
- To include suitable outings, social gatherings and activities to enhance the lifestyle of residents in the home.
- To have a commitment to multidisciplinary team working and therefore the working relationship will be with all members of the homes’ team and its residents.
- To encourage staff to participate in all activities, both group and individual.
- To understand the philosophy of the organisation and the home and in conjunction with all staff groups ensure and promote a homely atmosphere where residents choice, rights, freedom and dignity are preserved.
- To plan, and advise staff, residents, relatives and carers of suitable activities and there availability.
- To organise and participate in regular outings, shopping trips and recreational activities both within and outside the home.
- To plan and participate in regular social functions for all residents.
- To organise suitable social activities for residents confined to bed
- To create relative support groups and involve relatives and carers as much as possible in all aspects of social and recreational activities.
- To attend staff meetings, training courses for professional personal development as directed by the Home Manager.
- To participate in fund raising events for the home.
- To work closely and develop further links with voluntary agencies, advising on types of voluntary services needed and to then give support and advice to volunteers as required.
- To receive regular supervision and guidance by the Home Manager.
- To assist residents relatives/carers with regard to arranging weekend visiting etc.
- To assist the Home Manager in the development of change.
- To communicate effectively and talk to local organisations, schools, churches etc. about the work of the organisation and the needs of individuals with dementia.
Health and Safety
- To exercise responsibilities under the Health & Safety Act 1974 and be familiar with all policies pertaining to the home.
Qualifications and Experience
- The post holder must have an outgoing personality, be able to organise and motivate staff, create and maintain good working relationships with all personnel.
- A knowledge of the needs of the elderly and people with dementia is
essential, as is an empathetic understanding towards the residents, their relatives and carers.
- A 30.00 hour week will be worked which will include shift/some weekend work and unsociable hours to meet the needs of the service.